CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

And they all lived happily ever after....Not

The girls watched Becoming Jane for their birthday with friends. Craig and I had took the boys to a friend house for a barbecue. (Nothing is worse then watching a chick flick with little or big brothers around.)

When we got home the girls were pouting about how they did not like the ending of the movie. Since I wanted to watch it myself I asked them not to spoil it. Well I could see their disappointment because it was not the "fairy tail" ending like her books.

To add to the disappointment Kyla googled Jane Austin and they fabricated the story a bit. She thought if they are going to change the story in the first place why not give it a happy ending.

The next night I took a carload of girls down to Mt Vernon for a best of EFY. The girls started to talk about the movie and how once again they did not like how the story ended. Finally one of the girls, Amanda, said "Well if they are going to change the movie they might as well make it a happy ending and just turn it into a Disney movie!"

I still liked the movie and found it fun to see how the people in her life mirrored the characters in books. Especially "Pride and Prejudiced."

1 comments:

Alana

I have to say that I agree with Kyla and Mackenzie! I wish we had gotten to watch it together. I was disappointed with it too and thought that Anne Hathaway could have done better. It was heart wrenching and should have ended with the wedding scene. Miss you guys. Happy birthday girls!