CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

I'm all for breast feeding but.....


We ended up needing to go through Everett and Stevens Pass when going to Walla Walla after going through the mountains one comes out in Wenatchee. Unfortunately you have to drive all the way through town to get to the highway.

This was the billboard right in the middle of town. I busted up laughing along with my girls. Now I have breastfeed all of my children for 1 year with no other food or bottles and then we start solids at about a year. Most of my kids were weaned around 18 months to 2 years. I find this billboard a funny way to encourage someone to breastfeed. Wouldn't it be easier to give out information at either the hospital or in the OB's office? What are your thoughts? And how do you advertise to get someone to pose for this?

Just before we saw this billboard we rounded a corner and some guy and girl about my age were crossing the street(in a marked cross walk) carrying this small red flag. It reminded me of when I was a crossing guard in 6th grade. Anyway I figured this guy carries this flag with him where ever he goes so he can safely cross the street. I then noticed that on the other side of the street there is a little tube holding about 5 or 6 of these same flags. We tried to get a picture of this but the light a block or so up changed. I guess the city doesn't want to put in any more lights in and uses this as a solution. Based on the fact that the speed limit was 35 mph and the cross walk was on a curve I don't think I'd rely on some small flag to get me safely across a busy street.

3 comments:

Musicmom-Amy

They did have some of those flag crossings in Lynden by Bender Fields but those dissapeared. There are a few in B'ham and we used some down in SLC last year. We had quite the "flag parade". :D

Kelly

We have two flag crossings near our home! It is a little funny!

Paige

Your tax dollars hard at work!

(P.S. We have a friend that's a camera/computer junkie. If he can't help me with the card I'll send it up to you. Thanks.)