CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Break





We decided a week or so ago to make the mighty trek to Walla Walla for the first part of spring break.

One of my sisters lives in Portland so I gave her a call and convinced her to come too. My other sister lives in the Tri-Cities so she came with her husband and kids. It was the houseful to say the least. Also while we were there my parents are doing an addition on the house and with that they are putting on a new roof.

A friend from my parents ward came Saturday and they took the roof off of the north side of the house. It made for a noisy day between 10 kids and the men on the roof tearing it off.

My sister Melanie, Kyla and I on Saturday night ran to the store to get Mackenzie a toothbrush which she forgot. While we were out we decided to show Kyla what cruising the gut was. This is what teenagers do in a small town on Friday and Saturday night. It means going down Main street turning on to Issacs, past the frat houses where collage guys sat on couches that we could check out. Once you got to the mall or so you'd turn around go back the same way and do it all again. During this drive one would have the music on and windows rolled down no matter what time of year. We decided it's not quite the same when you are 38 and 42 and in a Suburban and it's only 6:30 at night. To sum it up I think Kyla thought we were quite strange teenagers to something to wasteful with our time and gas. But gas was only $.75 cents a gallon at the time.

Saturday night we watched Twilight. Now I'm glad I didn't pay $8 to see it in theaters but I may want to read to books. We'll have to see.

Sunday was spent watching conference not much was heard at times with 8 kids under the age of 12, thank goodness we can read it soon.

Monday to the park again and just hanging out. We headed home on Tuesday. It was a very fun week-end and makes me wish I lived closer to my sisters. My brother in-law thinks we should all move to MT and set up a compound...but then we'd turn into one of those weird families with tons of kids whose stock piles food. Beside that I'm not sure how good a garden does in MT with out a humongous greenhouse.

1 comments:

Vashti

Marcus loves Walla Walla, it was fun for him to see that you spent part of spring break there!