CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Too many visits in too little time...

Sunday afternoon we went over to the Meckers (Brendon's girlfriends house) to watch the afternoon session of conference. While we were watching the younger boys went outside. They decided it was okay to ride bikes without asking. (It's not something we let the boys do at home on Sunday) We'll the next thing we know Nathan who is the same age as Jensen comes running in saying Jensen is hurt. I'm thinking a small bump or bruise. Boy was I wrong, when he fell off of the bike the break handle punctured his left thigh and made a hole about the size of penny. I was pretty sure we needed to head on in but made a quick phone call to Dr. Claypool just to check. Well 4 1/2 hours and 5 stitches later we were home.

The next day I tootled off to Bellingham after getting kids out the door. I was worried since I had locked the front door and was about 20 minutes late getting home. I thought the girls had to find an unlocked window and crawl in. I walked in the house and called for them and said I was sorry I was late and asked what window they had to use. Mackenzie said, "Oh, it was OK, Brendon was home. He broke his back." She didn't even seem very worried.

What had happened was just after Brendon had got to work a wall that they were getting ready to take down fell on him. Luckily it still had part of the roof on it otherwise I'm sure it would have been worse. They had to call an ambulance to take him to the ER. He was nice enough to wait and call his dad after he was done so he didn't get the joy of sitting for another 3 hours like the night before. Strangely enough the wall had be leaning(on a tree) the opposite way that it fell onto Brendon. So they have no idea how it could have happened.

Brendon is now home on his back for a week and is not to return to work for 3 weeks. It's only day 3 and I think he's bored out of his mind. We are just grateful his okay. He has a small chip on one of his vertebrae and is in a lot of pain.

So I wonder what is the record for the most family members in an ER in the shortest amount of time with different injuries? We can say just 12 hours from when we left with Jensen until about when Brendon arrived. Not bad!

6 comments:

Vashti

Wow- when it rains it pours!! Marcus has a weird track record with accidents. He's really very safe, but just random things happen to him, I think he's been to the ER for SERIOUS things like 17 times (no joke). Thank goodness for Health care!

Paige

I guess October is a bad month for you guys. Hope everyone is getting better. You, Vashti, and I are sure up late! Doug and I are up canning applesauce.

Musicmom-Amy

Wow Kelly! I had heard about Jensen last night but not about Brendon. I guess we forgot to tell you that accidents happen once they turn in their mission papers. You'd think there is "someone" who doesn't want them to go out. Glad it's not as bad as it could have been.

Kelly

You've beaten us. We had two in a weekend.

ellie

We are crazy to know if the mission call has come yet and if so where???? Let us know. We will be home the first week of Nov. but don't want to wait until then.....Gary and Ellie

Kay

I remember the days. My boys visited the hospital and doctor more than my girls by far!