CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 19, 2009

To Market to Market to Buy a Fat Pig

The day before we went to Idaho I had to work for Dr. Claypool so the girls had agreed to completely clean the house and pack the car with the exception of mine and Craig's suit-case...score for me!
So it's around lunch time and Craig calls me to tell his brothers latest idea. They called him some time Monday morning to see if we could find a pig, have it butchered and bring it with us. I busted up laughing. The brothers wanted to try roasting a pig in the ground. Well that just wasn't enough time for us to come up with a pig. So they called around and ended up going to Bozeman or Ennis and brought it home. They dug the pit, built a fire and heated the rocks. They did the reading online and did all the work. It worked out pretty good, they learned they needed to cook it a little longer but have a way for it to cook a little more even.

(Please note the pictures are not in order, I still haven't figured out how to move them around and not loose them)



















3 comments:

Kelly

You were supposed to say that his name was Kevin and that he was named after the person who originally came up with the idea. But it was his wife's idea to name the pig Kevin after her husband.
Kyla

Unknown

I love meat... that pic kinda freaks me out... but I'd still eat it!

OH! It's a Kevin! :)

Kelly

GROSSSSSSSS!!!