CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 18, 2011

Long or Short???


I was recently at a church youth activity Kyla mentioned to me in front of a couple men in our ward that we needed to hurry home to cut her hair. The one guy said "Your not going to cut it short are you???" We were going to just cut her bangs a little shorter. This prompted a discussion on whether or not women should have short or long hair.

Since I do cut hair I've always been bothered by men that think all women should have long hair. I have nothing against long hair but a lot of factors go into any hair style. Age, height, lifestyle, if your hair curly or straight and amount of hair a person has have a lot do do with what style a women can wear.

My other opinion is the woman should decide how she wants her hair not her husband. He's not the one that has to wear and style the hair. Besides that I loved it when I heard on "What Not To Wear" that hair is an accessory and it should be changed just like jewelery.

So what is your opinion? Long or short?

4 comments:

Unknown

Your hair decides it for you (you have to choose what's right for your hair-type)... not some pea-brained man :)

Peter and Lesha

yeah I love hair and I used to be a different color constantly and style and always doing something different and it got exspensive after kids to try to keep highlights up so I quit that and Peter was into all natural which I guess answers your question. I never used to comply so easily to what people thought of my hair but more so now the older I get, it's dumb I wish I didn't care as much. that perm was very liberating for me I guess cause I knew peter would hate it and I did it anyway :) but I think there is a time and a season for both long and short and they both have advantages and disadvantages, but it should be up to the girl as to how she wears her hair.

Sherie Christensen

Mine was long before, and has been short for a long time now. My almost 5 year old thinks I should water it more often so that it will grow long -- but he's out of luck. I water it plenty but it's convenient and easy short! I think whatever someone likes for them is good.

Sherie Christensen
This comment has been removed by the author.