CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Girls Camp











We had a very fun week at camp. I didn't know I was going until only 2 weeks before. Much like the first time I went only about 2 months after we had moved to WA. At least this time I knew the girls and many of the stake and ward leaders. The first time I went at the last minute was because the ward leader had some medical issues and couldn't go.

This time it was because I have been asked to be next years stake camp director. Big job! I've been told this already many times. But I'm very excited about it! I feel very blessed to have grown up with good ward and stake camp leaders that gave be a very positive attitude about girls camp. Many of the years I went were not so ideal. One year we had a bear very close to camp, another year we had rats in the lodge and another year it poured rain the entire week. I think our leaders still made camp fun and I learned a lot. The program has changed but ideas and values learned have not.

M was a YCL (youth camp leader) and I think she had fun too. I'm sure it was good for her to practice some leadership skills. This will be her last year. So I'll be going to camp by myself. I've been lucky enough to spend several years at camp with my girls.

I feel really blessed to have such a beautiful place to go to camp, fairly good weather and great group of girls and leaders to go with!