CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

My "other" dryer

I really like to dry my clothes out in the sun during the summer and it does save a bit on the electric bill. Now I thought that I have been a good mother and taught my children how to hang clothes on the line....we'll I guess it's time to give that lesson again.



I will not name which child did this, but they were given instructions to hang the clothes out when I left to take 2 of the other kids to the dentist. I then went to a fair meeting and stayed to help paint the 4-H barn and did not return home until around 5 PM.



Notice the big white thing is a queen size sheet! One of Craig's shirts was not even dried it was such a lump on the line. Oh well, at least they did what I asked. I got a good laugh out of it. The child that was asked to hang the clothes up was not happy I was going to post this. I told them maybe they should do a better job next time!

5 comments:

Vashti

This totally cracked me up-the queen sheet was the worst!! I love it ;)

Paige

There are certain jobs I just won't assign others to do, hanging the laundry out is one of them. I'm very particular about how it's hung. Do I get that from mom?

Kelly

I think you do Paige!!! I just don't have time to do somethings when there is a wet load of laundry and I'm the only one that can take kids to the dentist. For the kids and I it's all lessons that we have to learn and patience when we teach them. It may just come back to haunt them when their kids do the same thing and we will all get another laugh out of it. :o)

Unknown

That made me smile :)

I don't like to let anyone vaccum. It's MINE. It's so satisfying, and yet, so easy!

Lydia

Too funny.