CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday Frustrations


For as long as I can remember I have gone shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Although it's been quite a few years since I have gotten up really early to get the "good" stuff, we are not into big ticket, electronic stuff so I usually get up around 6 and go. Again this year the girls wanted to go with me. Last year I wanted to get flannel sheets for them so I got them to show me what they might want and then sent them to look at other things.

I had found out that Fred Meyer had slippers on for 1/2 price and thought that the girls would like that. So I pulled my same trick and had the girls look at the slippers and then they went to check out the clothes. I hurried back to the slippers and picked out a pair for each of them. I then went and got the other things that I needed and paid for my stuff.

I met the girls at the entrance only to have Mackenzie tell me how excited they were to find slippers for only $9.00. I didn't hold back and let them know I had just bought slippers for them for Christmas and they had spoiled my plans. Mackenzie started to apologize and kiss and hug me endlessly. I milked for all that I could.

We then headed off to Costco, were as we entered they gave of a small book of coupons, and what could be found, but a coupon for slippers. In her attempt to make up for buying their own slippers Mackenzie offered to buy some slippers for me. I gave in and said that would be fine. So we are standing in line at Costco with our things and the girls realize how much they like my slippers and the price and decided they wanted some too. So off they went for yet another 2 pairs of slippers. In the end I bought 7 pairs of slippers for 3 people.

1 comments:

Kay

Man, I could really use some new slippers. Do you have any for sale? :)