CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

You know you have too much stuff when you move!

Brendon's room...love those curtins and flowery wallpaper. He will have a chance to get in touch with his feminine side.


Yesterday was the big moving day! I thought it would be so much easier to move just across town. It some ways it was. The family that we are renting from moved out earlier this month and let us start moving things in last Saturday. So by this week we had already made a few trips over. First problem was that I started to run out of boxes. So I would empty when I came over and filled them up again. Thank goodness for the Hackwell's letting us borrow boxes. But we still were short and I got to that yucky point of stuff that was just around and that you don't quite know what box you should put it in. I would just get thrown in box with no rhyme or reason. Now everything in the house has just been put where it can fit.

I realize that when moved ourselves before we had to pack everything and move more than 300 miles. Everything had to be packed before we left. When we had movers they packed it all in one day, loaded it on the truck the next day and then were nice enough to place it back into the rooms they came from.

I'm realizing my house looks like an episode from Oprah when a person has either a problem with hording stuff or has no idea how to keep their house clean. Even Mackenzie commented how she felt like she cannot function with the mess everywhere.

Tomorrow I have to finish cleaning our previous house. I'll work on Tuesday getting the new one in to order. Thank goodness for help on Saturday, dinner invitations the last two days and help that is coming on Tuesday. I think we should have things in pretty good order by Tuesday night. By this week-end we should just have to chip away at the boxes in the garage. I will be dejunking more as I unpack.
This in the girls "Peptobismo Pink" bedroom. We found out we can take down the wall paper and paint. Lucky for us its already starting to peel.
My kitchen with more wall paper. What were they thinking in the 70's
Laundry room that will become where I cut hair.
Another picture of the kitchen dining/room.

6 comments:

Miss Lim

Looks like lots of work but it will be nice when it's all done! Wish I lived closer so I could help out :)

Vashti

Good luck with all of the unpacking!

Alana

Moving stinks but we are so glad you guys are staying in the branch! Give Mackenzie a hug from Celina.

Unknown

I hate moving! I don't envy you! But call me if you need anything... seriously!

Kelly

Why did you decide to move house?

Musicmom-Amy

Sorry Rob wasn't able to help as he planned. You wouldn't have wanted him there anyway with his sickness. Looks like a cute place!