CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Good-bye for 2 years




The day finally came! When Brendon got his mission call all the way back in October it seemed so far away, especially when we thought it would be at least before Christmas. It certainly not the event I want to do again and again. I've joined an email group of moms with missionaries going to Mexico so that seems to help. I do miss Brendon, Wednesday was the hardest and I'm trying not to be too emotional about the whole thing but when it your son 2 years seems even longer.

We are now waiting to hear from Brendon and see how things are at the MTC. They do have email now, we have to wait until his p-day and we have no way of knowing when that is. So we must patiently wait.

Brendon looks pretty sad in these pictures not because of emotions but because he went horse back riding with his friend the day before he left and his allergies caused some problems. When our stake pres. came over to set him apart he kept asking if had taken some benadryl. Brendon finally gave in Tuesday morning and took some so the pictures at the airport are much better.

He made it to Provo safe and sound although he said he had a hard time finding his connecting flight to SLC. Thanks to our friend Dan McGirr for picking him up, letting him spend the night, and taking him to the MTC. Dan told us that Brendon was asked to give the opening prayer in the meeting with all those other new missionaries.

5 comments:

Paige

I must be getting old b/c it sure seems like Brendon was Tanner's age not too long ago! ;) Doug warns me it's going to sneak up on us.

Alana

Wow. Time really flew. It doesn't seem that long ago when you guys were new in the ward and Brandon couldn't stand being there! We are so excited for Brandon! Be sure to post his address when he gets there!

Unknown

Aw! That is so cute :) I can't believe it... give Russ 18 years... I know that seems long but man, year one went fast! I can only imagine!

Vashti

I hope that this transition gets easier for you guys and that you get to hear from him soon! I can't image how hard it must be to let him go!

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras

yeah, we got teary the other night talking about this... You're praying for the next two years to fly by, and we're praying for them to slow down... :( It's just become a reality to us as well, and I'm sure I'll be calling you for advise when our Joseph is gone... on how to deal...since apparently I'm all blubbery over it already, and it's 3 years away....
We are super excited for Brendon though, and it's great that he made the decision to go!! Our prayers will be with him on his journey and with you guys too!