CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

What to do with the sheep?

My friend Kelly asked what we are doing with the sheep, I thought it would be easier to answer here. One of the them with be food very soon and others will follow. Craig has contacted some local chefs at some of the nicer restaurants and they will buy both our pigs and sheep. These sheep are Navajo Cheerio Sheep, which were raised by the Navajo Indians until the US Calvary came in and wiped them out with the Indians. They are a rare breed and Craig wants to help with bring back the breed.

Their wool is great for all kinds of use. The wool comes in all colors and you never know what color a lamb will be. A couple of our sheep even have features that our rare within the breed. We will sell some of the wool and I am looking into buying a spinning wheel and a friend is giving me her loom. We will have to see what I can learn to make.

1 comments:

Kelly

Wow! Do the kids get to take care of them too? Goats, sheep, pigs, chickens, dog? cat? You are the Mayberry farm! fun! I bet the kids are loving it or hating it, with the chores...