CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

End of the cow story

Craig finally came home around 3:45 and we still were not sure what to do. We did consider calling Kevin Price but I wasn't about to do that to Courtney. Looking at the clock we realized someone would be coming more then likely to milk the cows in the next hour. Craig said they were all back by the barn and there wasn't really a whole lot we could do at this point since he couldn't tell where the had gotten out from. I still worried a bit about a cow wondering into the street again nothing could be much worse then hitting a cow. So finally we headed off to bed around 4 am.

This incident reminded me of when my sister Melanie go married. We were all at home getting ready for the reception that was to be held in my parents yard when my sister Paige who was around 17 at the time came running into the house. Paige had been mowing the yard on a riding lawn mower when she saw a cow go running through the yard and up the small hill that takes you out to my parents drive way. We all went to see the massive hoof prints left in the yard when this lady comes down the street on horse back with lasso in hand. She asked if we had seen the cow and which way did it go. We told her what we knew and she told us to call the police. Our first thought was "What would police officer do, pull out his gun and tell the cow to halt or he would shot?" Now I realize at least he could help with maybe preventing traffic if it was a issue...wait I grew up in Walla Walla, WA traffic is only a problem when a high school event lets out. This left quite a impression on my brothers roommate that had drove home with him from Provo he really thought he was seeing country life. By the way my parents live in the middle of the city.

3 comments:

Jack and Melanie

I thought of the exact same thing when I read your first "cow" blog". Too funny!!

Unknown

:)

Kelly

Now you need to really finish the story... what happened in the morning? Whose were they? Were they there in the morning when you woke up?