CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Natural Disaster


As we were driving round (before I took the kids to school) looking at all the water the following conversation took place in the car:

Jensen: Mom did you know that home owners insurance doesn't cover floods?
Kelly: yes, I did know that.
Kaden: Do we have flood insurance?
Kelly: No we have renters insurance, it covers our belongings. Besides that it would have to rain a lot to damage things in our house.
Kaden: Well if we had a flood I'd make sure I took my batman car.
Kelly: I think that there are more important things that we should take like pictures, important papers...
One of the kids:Scriptures
Kelly: Yes, and the computer. Beside that if there really was a threat of the flood we could move lots of stuff upstairs.
Kaden:But what if the water got upstairs then I would loose my legos.
Kelly:That's why we have renters insurance. The chances of it flooding that much is very slim unless Mt. Baker blew it's top and there were tons of snow.
Kyla: It would take a natural disaster to flood our house to the upstairs.
Kaden:Like me?

I have never told Kaden he's a disaster, just that his room can be. Kyla and Mackenzie were busting up laughing the rest of the way to school.

9 comments:

Unknown

Kayden ALWAYS makes me laugh :) He is SO MUCH FUN!

Kelly

That is funny! Maybe you should let him read a dictionary! he he!

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras

That's Hilarious Kelly! Also what a great shot of Kaden! :)

Lydia

That's too funny!

Glad you're feeling better :)

Musicmom-Amy

What a crack up and SO Kaden :D He makes me smile!

Paige

WE have a couple of natural disasters of our own! What a funny boy.

Kay

Speaking of disasters, mine is getting married next month. Not that he is a disaster, but his room certainly was! They do grow up and become the responsibility of their wives! HE he!

JenM.

That is too funny! I love the crazy stuff they say...always good for a smile. :)

My kids are always asking me about flood insurance. (A MUST if you live along the Gulf Coast.) I don't know if their teachers talk about it, or what.

Peter and Lesha

that was hilarious. Great story. He is so much fun I really enjoyed him when I led the music in Primary he is a great kid who would always volunteer and sing loudly. Love it. Your a great mom for never telling Kayden he is a disaster sometimes I feel that way (about my own) I have lots to learn.