CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sheep shearing time

Oops forgot to rotate the picture...it's looks like bunch of dead sheep on our barn floor. But it's so cool to see the soft wool on the underside and the beautiful colors too!



Craig found a person(turned out to be a kid in high school) that could shear our sheep, because the task seemed to be way too much for us. It was hard enough to trim their (the sheep) hooves a few weeks ago. It was pretty amazing how quickly he did it and kept the sheep under control. I was lucky enough to have a friend give me a loom and another friend give me a spinning wheel. So now the task of cleaning the wool. I don't think I'll give the spinning a try until fall, too much to do outside right now!

1 comments:

Alana

Yeah, that first picture scared me a little bit. Ha! Ha! The girls will love to see these pics!